Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Kimono baby shoes collection - Born out of a recycling box

Hunting through the workshop recycling box, the idea for the Hetty Rose Baby shoes was born. Ethical shoe designer Hetty Rose, who is known for creating beautiful shoes and accessories with stunning vintage kimono fabrics by hand, got together all the remains of fabric and leather scraps and came up with her new collection – for babies.

The Baby Shoes are aimed at 6 to 12 months and are made from vintage kimono fabric and brightly coloured leather for the padded soles. They are £25 for a pair, or £45 made to order up to size 2 years.

The designer said: “I have been asked by past clients if I made baby shoes and had just never got round to making the patterns. People can have bespoke baby shoes in any fabric and made to measure - if the baby will stay still long enough for me to measure them!. I took my first collection to a recent show and the response I got has been great, people absolutely love them.” 'They are as cute as a button!'

No comments: