Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Heidi Klum doesn’t care she has been branded “too heavy” for the catwalk

The German model laughed off remarks made by designer Woolfgang Joop – who claimed Heidi has “too big a bust” to be a runway model – claiming she pays no attention to negative comments.

She said: “Do I look like I care? I really don’t think about Joop or what he said. What am I supposed to say? It’s his opinion.

“It’s a life where everyone can say what they want to say and everyone can have their opinion - that is his. In this business you have to be fit, but I always try to be a good role model and not too thin.”

Wolfgang launched an astonishing attack on Heidi, claiming there is “no way” she would ever be a catwalk success.

He said: “No way, she is no runway model! Heidi Klum is simply too heavy and has too big a bust. And she always grins so stupidly. That is not avant-garde – that is commercial!”

Heidi, 35, has also revealed she had no idea modelling could be a career option when she was young, adding she fell into it by accident.

She explained: "When I came out of school I didn't even think that modelling was a job. I kind of just went sliding into this, I entered a contest on television and I won. I didn't really know how successful you can be in this job and what you can do or that I can be on television and have a TV show and all these things."