Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Time for a change from the old square scarf

As a designer/seamstress for more then 30 years now, I have created, designed, and sewn many Items, but my love for scarves grew into a real passion. I discovered that wearing a scarf not only adds dimension to what you are wearing, but it also redefines and compliments your wardrobe! I started making my own scarves, I received so many compliments that I decided to make scarves and hold scarf shows, teaching other women how to wear them. However, I found the traditional square scarf to not only very limited in ways to wear, but I also found it too complicated and time consuming in folding and tying. If you weren’t going to just fold it in a triangle and hang it around your neck, it took too long trying to figure out how to wear it, or how to tie it, or drape it, by that time you`re ready to throw it back in the drawer and forget it. So I began to listen and compiled the complaints of women, who love wearing scarves, and had a drawer full of them, but didn`t know what to do with them.